Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week 5

 This was an interesting week.  Friday was normal, but the rest of the week wasn't.  Saturday, the zoo was closed during the day due to the Walk in the Wild program at night.  So it was a very quiet day with no visitors running around, and was very relaxing for the goats and sheep who completely enjoyed their day off.  On Sunday I spent a couple hours watching Jason and Sara, the guinea hogs waiting to collect a urine sample because I thought I had noticed bloody urine on the ground.  I also had my second intern class which was on observing animal behavior.  Monday, I spent most of the first half of the day continuing to watch Jason and Sara for urine samples as I was unable to get them the day before.  I finally got them and they were both normal.  Most of the second half of my day on Monday was spent doing lemur observations for about 40 minutes before their lunch and about an hour after.  This is in preparation for my intern project which will include lemur enrichment and how it effects their behavior.
Blue-eyed black lemur waiting for food
Sara, the guinea hog, grazing
Ring tail lemur after lunch social groom session


No comments:

Post a Comment