Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 7

This was an interesting week.  On Friday, my whole day was spent following my keeper around timing him doing all the daily jobs on the string.  This was because it is wanted to know how long it takes the keepers to do everything.  So I didn't get to do any actual work on this day but what I was doing was still very important.  Saturday was back to a normal routine day, as was Sunday.  The intern class this week was about training and we got a do a little bit of goat training and then had a tour of one of the aviarys at the zoo.  Monday, we wound up with a lemur not feeling well.  I cut up some extra watermelon for him and then sat with him outside, keeping an eye on him, while the keeper went to get a crate to bring him inside.  I found out later that day that the vets did not find anything seriously wrong with him. 
Jason, the guinea hog, cooling off in the mud
                                      
Ring Tail Lemur looking for food

Paulie, the pot bellied pig, resting in the shade


No comments:

Post a Comment